Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beautiful Nails for Me?

Audrey Hepburn once said, "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness ... and for beautiful nails, see Pampered by Tammie" ... ok, well that last part I added but I just couldn't help myself  :)  It was the perfect entry to this week's how-to post called ....

Yes, you CAN have great nails without great cost!!

I am in love with Avon's line of NAIL EXPERT products.  They really work dude!  I'm the living proof.  As of 3 weeks ago I must confess to you that I could be President of the Nail Biters Anonymous club.  Yes, people, I'm not perfect.  Shocking I know.  I was one of "those" people with a nasty habit that left me with stubs for finger nails.  Chewing your nails does nothing for femininity let me tell ya!



Well, enter in Avon.  I took out my handy dandy brochure and started reading up on the NAIL EXPERTS line of products.  First up, Strong Results Length & Strength Complex.  I was intrigued that it said "makes nails stronger in 5 days".  My impatient gene kicked right in when I read that line.  Then it said that this stuff was actually made with diamond dust.  Oooooh, that might be the closest thing I get to diamonds anytime soon ... sign me up!  I ordered me some.



Then (because I have not had nails in so long I wouldn't know what to do with a bottle of color) I decided I'd keep life simple and just stay with clear.  I loved how the UV Gloss Guard Clear Top Coat claimed to keep my nails "just-done-glossy" and "won't yellow or fade" so that is what I ordered!

My products came in.  I was like a kid at Christmas.  Opened that package right up and headed for the bathroom.  Forget dinner, forget walking the dog ... gotta do my nails!

I followed the directions and applied the strengthener first.  Let it dry.  I didn't apply anything else.  The next day I applied another layer of strengthener.  Let it dry and moved on with life.  Same thing for 5 days. 

At day 5 I was like "Holy Cow!  Do you see this??"  My nails actually had white poking up over the tops.  I almost fainted!  So, I followed the directions for another 5 days and then on the last day I added the clear coat.  Man, LOVE that clear coat.  It really does make them glossy shiny pretty.  AND, my nails were growing.  AND, they were so strong that the few times I did try to bite them ... I told you it's a habit ... they were so strong that I just didn't have the heart to bite them off so I left them alone.

And, thanks to these wonderful products ... I now have nails!  Don't believe me, look:


See that white poking over the top of my finger?
That's a nail baby!!

Note to self ...
Need to find product to make hands not look freakishly old!
 There you have it ... I got me some longer nails for next to nothing cost wise.  And it really didn't kill me having to wait the 10 days to get 'em! 

You can get YOU some longer nails too!  And I bet the cost of these products is way cheaper than the nail salon is!!  Go ahead, check it out here and see.

You might also like to check out:


Festive Firework Nails
by Wayward Girls

Do It Yourself
Glitter Toes
by Artsy Fartsy Mama

Spiral Bracelet
by Yellow Black Bird


No comments: