Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Perfect Iced Coffee!

And now a break from our regularly scheduled programming for this important post from Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.  I know my blog is all about Avon and how to look younger :)  but I gotta share this recipe with you.  If I had mountains where I lived I'd for sure climb to the top of the highest peak and shout for the world to hear that Ree Drummond should be president!  She says with humor on her blog that this recipe "will change your life".  Hallelujah she ain't a kidding!  I made some last night and it rocks!!

What, you say, am I raving about and wasting your time with?  I am singing praises of The Perfect Iced Coffee.  Check it out ... make it ... you'll be changed for ever.


You know, aside from Jesus Christ, caffeine is the glue that holds my marriage together.  As most of you moms out there can attest to ... we don't get much sleep.  Seems like something every night takes precedence over sleeping.  It's been said, and I can agree, that moms will get all the sleep they need when they die.  Because of that I need the caffeine to get me going in the morning.  But the problem is that I don't like hot drinks.  Not unless it's Alaska cold outside, which doesn't happen often where I live.  Therefore, my caffeine comes in the form of diet coke ... yes, even at 5:00 a.m.  Well, friends, now that I have stumbled upon Ree's liquid gold my sweet hubby won't have to hear the tell-tale sign of "pssshch" ... and won't have to roll his eyes ... each morning as a soda can opens up.

Viva La Ree!

As a side note, while we are off the task of Avon today ... if you find yourself bored and looking for things to do ... check out these sites that I love:












Bring the Rain








The Shepherd's Haven















J&M's Eye Candy Shoppe










Little Birdie Secrets












Silhouette Die Cutting Machine


Are you a mama? Need some great mama advice? Then head on over J&M's Eye Candy Blog and check out "Help a Mama Out Tuesday". You can find it here:

3 comments:

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

YUMMY!!!! I took a "coffee" hiatus when I got preggers... but now a days a little extra energy wouldn't hurt ;) Thank you for sharing!!

P.S. This is perfect for momma's!! We are hosting a link party called “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday! This would be an awesome link up! I would appreciate if you'd add it. Thanks in advance for your consideration :)

P.S.S. THANK YOU for the shout out to our shoppe :) You rock!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

Thanks for linking up! We appreciate it tons!
So glad that you have joined the "blogger" world!
Brit

Melissa said...

Hi I found your blog through J&M's Eye Candy link party! I love the iced coffee recipe you shared! I'm a coffee freak!! HAHA I used to be a barista at Starbuck's so I like to experiment at home a lot :) You may also like a previous post of mine about how to make your own frappes!

http://mel-o-clock.blogspot.com/2011/05/make-your-own-frappes.html

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading more of your blog :)